This one day, hands-on class, will be based on the techniques outlined in Amelie Scott Designs’, Edge-to- Edge Quilting on Your Embroidery Machine or Quiltbroidery as it is commonly referred to. Using Amelie Scott's Edge to Edge quilting method you will learn how to:
- Determine what size quilts are best used in this process
- Prepare your quilt ‘sandwich’
- Transfer file patterns to your machine
- Create pattern templates
- Calculate start positions
- Determine and stabilize hoop placements
- Stitch designs on your quilt, completing at least 2 1/2 columns including borders
Requires purchase of Edge to Edge Quilting on Your Embroidery Machine Book with Designs
Your embroidery machine hoop size should be at least 8 X 12. Although using your traditional hoop is fine, the instructor will be using a Snap Hoop for ease of rehooping.
This class is online and we will all be using the same design.